Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about chiropractors in Hoffman Estates IL and Rolling Meadows IL. Knowing the answers to these important questions will help you pick the best chiropractor in Hoffman Estates and Rolling Meadows for you. If we didn't cover a question you may have, give Advance Health & Wellness a call and we will be more than happy to help answer your question.
- A health history is taken, and this includes a discussion of any prior injuries or chronic symptoms.
- A series of specialized examinations are given: these include chiropractic, neurologic, physical, and orthopedic tests.
- X-rays of the spine are taken if required.
- The doctor meets with the patient to consider the results of the examination. At this point, a course of treatment is discussed if it is required. Whatever Treatment is necessary, chiropractic procedures are drug-less, gentle, and non-evasive.
- EMG or NVC nerve testing may be done to diagnose ailments, such as herniated discs and carpal tunnel.
- Spinal decompression may be prescribed to relieve pain associated with herniated and degenerative discs.
- Your feet and posture will be digitally scanned to detect if any issues stem from your feet. Custom Orthotics can be ordered from your scan. To help you hold your adjustments longer.
A chiropractor is a doctor who carefully examines the spine and checks where bones in your spine may be subluxated, which in other words, misaligns. Chiropractors adjust these misalignments to restore joint function and nervous system function.
Chiropractic is a health-care profession that focuses on the spine for the cause of many diseases and ailments people may experience.
As we tell our patients, there are no set amount of treatments patients may need. We do not treat all our patients the same. We understand each person has a different body and we treat everyone the way we believe will be most beneficial to them and patients will respond to treatments differently. All of our treatment plans are specialized to the specific patient.
There are many different techniques! Our doctors are proficient in diversified, Gonstead, Thompson, and many more. We do not think there is one technique that is best for everyone. We use the technique that is best for each individual.
Chiropractors can treat many different things, Many people only think of a chiropractor for neck and back pain. While that is true, we can also help patients who have all kinds of things. From vertigo, degenerative disc disease, pregnancy, etc. Call our office to see how we can help you!
Yes! In fact, there has been research done on all the benefits chiropractic can help patients who are pregnant.
Chiropractors look at the spine for decrease in joint function which can oftentimes be the reason patients may experience low back pain.
The popping sound people hear is simply gas being released from the joint.
Nope! all patients will be adjusted the way that suits them and their body. We do not adjust patients only one way for every single person.
No! while many people may think the "crack" is the adjustment, that is not true. The cracking noise people may hear is just gas being released from the joint. This cracking sound may be heard while doing something that is not good for the spine as well. Chiropractors are experts at finding where to adjust the spine and which direction the bone needs to go.
Absolutely. Chiropractic is safe for all different kinds of life. Both Doctors in our office have been trained thoroughly on how to adjust spines of infants to older children.